Skip to content

Healthcare Assessment and Evaluation

A health care assessment may be necessary to help you get the proper assistance and care that you’ll need later in life. It may also be called an “assessment of need.”

When you go for the assessment, oftentimes there will be a specialist (normally an occupational therapist) who will look over your specific needs and discuss them with you. In doing so, they ensure you receive the correct, best support you need wherever you need it. Needed services might include things like healthcare, equipment, help in the home, or residential care. The assessment should show which needs are vital, and show any risks you run if you weren’t getting help. If need be, the local health and social services teams will put together a support package for you and talk about it with you, and also write up a care plan. This may include services from both private and voluntary organizations. If other services are required, such as housing or benefits advice, you will be able to get in touch with any necessary local services.

Some services and support you could receive include the following:

  • Home care help with things like cleaning and shopping
  • Disability equipment and adaptations to the home
  • Day centers to give you or your caregiver a break
  • Day care for your child if either you or they have a disability
  • Residential care or nursing home care

If you’ve gone through the assessment and it’s been determined that you require help from social services, you could potentially get direct payments to choose and purchase them on your own. Otherwise, you can get them directly from your health trust.

You should be aware that a great many people’s health and social needs change over time. You should make it a point to regularly review your plan, and it should be done at times or intervals that have been previously specified in the care plan or at any other time it is deemed necessary to do so.

If you desire to be reassessed thanks to a change in your needs, you’ll need to contact your local trust.

If you or someone you love needs assistance with Elder Care law issues, call 856-281-3131. Let us help ease your stress and give you a plan.

Latest Posts

What You need to Know when Reporting Nursing Home Abuse.

Reporting nursing home abuse is crucial to protect the well-being of vulnerable residents and hold perpetrators accountable for
Read More >

What Puts the Elderly Population at Risk for Abuse?

Several factors can put the elderly population at risk for abuse. Understanding these risk factors is essential for
Read More >

What is Funeral Home Negligence?

Funeral home negligence refers to situations where a funeral home fails to provide the expected level of care,
Read More >